Tuesday, May 06, 2014

God's Word, My Meditation

Oh how I love your law! It is my meditation all the day. Your commandment makes me wiser than my enemies, for it is ever with me. I have more understanding than all my teachers, for your testimonies are my meditation. I understand more than the aged, for I keep your precepts. (Psalm 119:97-100, ESV)

Only in God's word is true wisdom found. Meditate on it all day long, and you will be wiser than your enemies, your teachers, and even wise people themselves. Saturate yourself with His word so that it dominates your thoughts, so that you may have the mind of Christ.

I hold back my feet from every evil way, in order to keep your word. I do not turn aside from your rules, for you have taught me. How sweet are your words to my taste, sweeter than honey to my mouth! Through your precepts I get understanding; therefore I hate every false way. (Psalm 119:101-104, ESV)

Don't even let yourself get into situations where you might be tempted to sin. Flee evil and live a life of integrity. Hold to God's word and you cannot go wrong. His word is the source of understanding.

-----
You have just finished reading God's Word, My Meditation.
Connect with me on Twitter and Pinterest.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...