Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Be Anchored to God's Word

Teach me, O Lord, the way of your statutes; and I will keep it to the end. Give me understanding, that I may keep your law and observe it with my whole heart. Lead me in the path of your commandments, for I delight in it. Incline my heart to your testimonies, and not to selfish gain! (Psalm 119:33-36, ESV)

In my sinful flesh it is not natural for me to want to follow God's word. And yet God has planted a seed of desire for His word. I need His empowerment to do this, which is why I cry out, "Teach me! Give me understanding! Make me walk in the path of Your commandments! Incline my heart to your testimonies."

Turn my eyes from looking at worthless things; and give me life in your ways. Confirm to your servant your promise, that you may be feared. Turn away the reproach that I dread, for your rules are good. Behold, I long for your precepts; in your righteousness give me life! (Psalm 119:37-40, ESV)

My eyes can be fixed on one of two things: either on worthless things or on God's word. How important it is for me to have my eyes fixed upon God's word! Because of this great importance, my prayer must be to God that He will establish His words to me.

-----
You have just finished reading Be Anchored to God's Word.
Connect with me on Twitter and Pinterest.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...