Tuesday, March 04, 2014

God's Word is Our Source of Strength

My soul clings to the dust; give me life according to your word! When I told of my ways, you answered me; teach me your statutes! Make me understand the way of your precepts, and I will meditate on your wondrous works. My soul melts away for sorrow; strengthen me according to your word! (Psalm 119:25-28, ESV)

When hard-pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed but not in despair; persecuted, but not forsaken; struck down, but not destroyed, I can gain my strength from God's word. He will revive and strengthen me according to His word. For He is the One who worked in me to will to follow His way, and He will teach me His statutes and make me understand the way of His precepts. And I, I shall stand there in awe of His wonderful works.

Put false ways far from me and graciously teach me your law! I have chosen the way of faithfulness; I set your rules before me. I cling to your testimonies, O Lord; let me not be put to shame! I will run in the way of your commandments when you enlarge my heart! (Psalm 119:29-32, ESV)

Although I have chosen the way of truth, I still need God's power to remove from me the way of lying. As I saturate myself with God's word, I will be granted that power. As I run the course of God's commandments, He will enlarge my heart. He will cause me to love Him more.

-----
You have just finished reading God's Word is Our Source of Strength.
Connect with me on Twitter and Pinterest.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...