Tuesday, March 18, 2014

God's Word, My Teacher

Let your steadfast love come to me, O Lord, your salvation according to your promise; then shall I have an answer for him who taunts me, for I trust in your word. And take not the word of truth utterly out of my mouth, for my hope is in your rules. I will keep your law continually, forever and ever. (Psalm 119:41-44, ESV)

I learn of God's mercies and His salvation from His word. I learn how to respond to others from His word. I learn how to speak the truth from His word. May I be in His word so much that I may live a life that is upright and pleasing before Him.

And I shall walk in a wide place, for I have sought your precepts. I will also speak of your testimonies before kings and shall not be put to shame, for I find my delight in your commandments, which I love. I will lift up my hands toward your commandments, which I love, and I will meditate on your statutes. (Psalm 119:45-48, ESV)

When I delight myself in God's commandments, when I love them, when I lift my hands up to them, when I meditate on them, when I seek them, I will walk at liberty. I will be able to go forth with an unsuppressible confidence. I will be able to speak God's testimonies before kings unashamedly. "For I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes, to the Jew first and also to the Greek." (Romans 1:16, ESV)

-----
You have just finished reading God's Word, My Teacher.
Connect with me on Twitter and Pinterest.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...