This past year I had two reading and writing goals.
- Writing: the 500 Words a Day Challenge
2014 was my third year participating in this challenge. I've enjoyed it for the past couple of years, and I find it helpful to keep me writing consistently, even if not in large chunks all at once.
- Reading: read a total of 75 books
How did I do?
- Writing: I nailed my goal for the 500 Words a Day Challenge (I hit the goal with just a few words over). Most of this writing was for the classes I teach and for translation freelance projects. Some of it, however, included writing for this blog, as well as some rough draft ideas for a short story or novel. I'm really pleased with how much I wrote.
- Reading: I did not reach my reading goal this year. I read a total of 60 books in 2014.
What's up for this year?
- Writing: I'm planning on continuing the 500 Words a Day Challenge. It's been working well for me, and I'm looking forward to seeing what happens with this goal this year.
- Reading: My plan is to read a total of 60 books this year. This number is lower than what I set for last year. However, since it is exactly what I read in 2014, I think I should be able to reach this number again in 2015.
How about you? Any reading or writing goals for 2015?
You have just finished reading Reading and Writing Goals 2015.
Connect with me on Twitter and Pinterest.