Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Favorite Reads from 2014

As mentioned previously, I read a total of 60 books this past year. Some of those were rereads. Some of those were books that were new to me. I want to highlight my four favorite reads from 2014. Two of them were new to me. The other two were old friends.

Believing God by Beth Moore
I read this toward the beginning of the year. Beth Moore has long been a favorite author of mine. I love her commitment to a clear exposition of the Bible. I love her enthusiasm and her passion for God. In Believing God she does a wonderful job of reminding us that we can believe God because of His promises and His character. She also brings home what this looks like in our daily lives.

Imperfect Harmony by Stacy Horn
Stacy Horn weaves together a marvelous collection of famous choral pieces as well as musings about the importance of singing collectively. If you enjoy music, this book is a must read!

The Blue Castle by L. M. Montgomery
While L. M. Montomery is best known for the Anne of Green Gables series, The Blue Castle is my favorite of her books. I hadn't read it in a while, so this year it was time to reread it. And, once again the read was worth every moment.

Out of the Silent Planet by C. S. Lewis
This is another of my favorite books to reread. It had been a couple of years since I had read Lewis' Space Trilogy, so this summer I picked it back up again. The first book, Out of the Silent Planet, is my favorite of the trilogy.

Any books you read in 2014 that you recommend? I'd love to hear your recommendations.

-----
You have just finished reading Favorite Reads from 2014.
Connect with me on Twitter and Pinterest.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...