Tuesday, June 10, 2014

God's Word is Upright

Righteous are you, O Lord, and right are your rules. You have appointed your testimonies in righteousness and in all faithfulness. My zeal consumes me, because my foes forget your words. Your promise is well tried, and your servant loves it. (Psalm 119:137-140, ESV)

Because God, the Righteous One, is the Author of His word, His word itself is also upright, righteous, very faithful, and pure. Because God's word has such characteristics, my zeal really should consume me when others forget and disregard His word.

I am small and despised, yet I do not forget your precepts. Your righteousness is righteous forever, and your law is true. Trouble and anguish have found me out, but your commandments are my delight. Your testimonies are righteous forever; give me understanding that I may live. (Psalm 119:141-144, ESV)

Even though hard times may come because you hold to God's truth, let this be your comfort: His righteousness is everlasting. His law is truth. His commandments should be your desire. His testimonies are righteous forever. Let this be my prayer: Give me wisdom, that I might live.

-----
You have just finished reading God's Word is Upright.
Connect with me on Twitter and Pinterest.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...