Tuesday, June 03, 2014

God's Word Gives Wisdom

Your testimonies are wonderful; therefore my soul keeps them. The unfolding of your words gives light; it imparts understanding to the simple. I open my mouth and pant, because I long for your commandments. Turn to me and be gracious to me, as is your way with those who love your name. (Psalm 119:129-132, ESV)

Because God's testimonies to truth are wonderful, my soul guards them.
God's word gives wisdom to the simple, to those who lack wisdom. What hope and what promise! When I stand before the gigantic question mark and cry to God for wisdom, He will give it to me through His word.
I should so desire God's commandments, His directions for conduct, that I figuratively open my mouth as wide as possible so that I can be satisfied.
As one among those who love God's name, I have the right to ask God to turn to me, to listen to me, to give me His grace.

Keep steady my steps according to your promise, and let no iniquity get dominion over me. Redeem me from man’s oppression, that I may keep your precepts. Make your face shine upon your servant, and teach me your statutes. My eyes shed streams of tears,because people do not keep your law. (Psalm 119:133-136, ESV)

Three requests:
1. Order my steps in Your word. When this is the case, then iniquity will not be able to have any dominion over me.
2. Deliver me from the oppression of man.
3. Make Your face to shine upon Your servant. This is evidenced by the teaching of His statutes.

-----
You have just finished reading God's Word Gives Wisdom.
Connect with me on Twitter and Pinterest.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...