Tuesday, May 27, 2014

God's Word is Precious

I have done what is just and right; do not leave me to my oppressors. Give your servant a pledge of good; let not the insolent oppress me. My eyes long for your salvation and for the fulfillment of your righteous promise. Deal with your servant according to your steadfast love, and teach me your statutes. (Psalm 119:121-124, ESV)

Christ is my Redeemer, my Surety. He has paid the price for all my sin; I stand in Him complete. As Boaz redeemed Ruth, so Christ has redeemed me. And as much as Boaz was a gentleman (and literally a gentle man), Christ is so much more so.

I am your servant; give me understanding, that I may know your testimonies! It is time for the Lord to act, for your law has been broken. Therefore I love your commandments above gold, above fine gold. Therefore I consider all your precepts to be right; I hate every false way. (Psalm 119:125-128, ESV)

I am only God's servant. On my own, leaning on my own understanding, I cannot understand His word. I cannot understand truth, for His word testifies of truth. Because of my inadequacy, I must turn to Him and ask Him to give me His understanding, His sight, so that I might see truth. In contrast to the unrighteous, the child of God should love God's commandments more than gold. He should walk uprightly. He should walk according to all of God's precepts. He should hate each path of untruth.

-----
You have just finished reading God's Word is Precious.
Connect with me on Twitter and Pinterest.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...