Tuesday, May 20, 2014

God's Word, My Hope

I hate the double-minded, but I love your law. You are my hiding place and my shield; I hope in your word. Depart from me, you evildoers, that I may keep the commandments of my God. Uphold me according to your promise, that I may live, and let me not be put to shame in my hope! (Psalm 119:113-116, ESV)

God's word - my hope, my hiding place, my shield. When the unrighteous are all around, God's word still holds. When they mock, God's word still holds. It is my source of life and hope, my source of comfort. Trust His word.

Hold me up, that I may be safe and have regard for your statutes continually! You spurn all who go astray from your statutes, for their cunning is in vain. All the wicked of the earth you discard like dross, therefore I love your testimonies. My flesh trembles for fear of you, and I am afraid of your judgments. (Psalm 119:117-120, ESV)

God punishes the wicked as they err from His word. He also punishes His people who err from His word so that He may separate the dross from the pure metal. Hold to God's word, and you will be the pure metal that He desires.

-----
You have just finished reading God's Word, My Hope.
Connect with me on Twitter and Pinterest.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...