Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Keeping Our Lives Pure

How can a young man keep his way pure? By guarding it according to your word. With my whole heart I seek you; let me not wander from your commandments! I have stored up your word in my heart, that I might not sin against you. Blessed are you, O Lord; teach me your statutes!
(Psalm 119:9-12, ESV)

To cleanse your way, take heed according to God's word. You will do this, if you seek Him with your whole heart. And as you seek Him with your whole heart, you hide His word in your heart, so that your way may be clean and you will not sin against Him. However, you cannot do this on your own. You must be taught to do so by the Lord as you grow in the grace and knowledge of the Lord Jesus Christ.

With my lips I declare all the rules of your mouth. In the way of your testimonies I delight as much as in all riches. I will meditate on your precepts and fix my eyes on your ways. I will delight in your statutes; I will not forget your word.
(Psalm 119:13-16, ESV)

The correct reaction to God's word:
- rejoice in it as much as in riches
- declare it
- meditate on it
- contemplate it
- delight yourself in it
- do not forget it

-----
You have just finished reading Keeping Our Lives Pure.
Connect with me on Twitter and Pinterest.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...