Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Blessed Are Those Who Seek God

Blessed are those whose way is blameless, who walk in the law of the Lord! Blessed are those who keep his testimonies, who seek him with their whole heart, who also do no wrong, but walk in his ways! You have commanded your precepts to be kept diligently.
(Psalm 119:1-4, ESV)

The characteristics of the blessed:
- they are blameless in their way
- they walk in the law of the Lord
- they keep His testimonies
- they seek Him with whole hearts
- they do no iniquity
- they walk in His ways
- they keep His precepts diligently

Oh that my ways may be steadfast in keeping your statutes! Then I shall not be put to shame, having my eyes fixed on all your commandments. I will praise you with an upright heart, when I learn your righteous rules. I will keep your statutes; do not utterly forsake me!
(Psalm 119:5-8, ESV)

If my ways, my daily life, is directed to keep God's statutes, then I will "not be put to shame, having my eyes fixed on all your commandments." I will be able to praise Him with uprightness of heart, and He will not forsake me utterly.

-----
You have just finished reading Blessed Are Those Who Seek God.
Connect with me on Twitter and Pinterest.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...