Thursday, June 14, 2007

Tending Sheep in Midian

As I was preparing for my Sunday school class this past Sunday, I was thinking about the life of Moses and what it must have been for him as he fled from Egypt into Midian.

During his forty years in Midian as a simple shepherd, did Moses ever wonder what God was doing? He had been trained at the highest level in leadership and here all he was leading was a bunch of sheep. How often do we find ourselves in a similar situation? We've been through training and all of a sudden, we hit a Midian plain where all there is for us to do is to tend some stupid sheep. Has God forgotten us? No, He's just bringing us through one more phase of our training. So, shepherd, labor faithfully. God has not forgotten you, even though you might be on the backside of the desert. Just wait, God is preparing you - you might be the next Moses to lead His people into freedom.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This made me smile, Laura, or should I say Mo. :D I'm glad God let me meet you. You have been a blessing, even from afar.

So, when I come to the States in the summer, as I probably should, will I get to see you?

-Ro

Riley said...

That is decidedly encouraging. That the various social and mental skills develped now may easily lend to some greater purpose later is a fine thought indeed.

Julie McCrum said...

Hey Laura, nice blog! You should consider being a missionary; some of this stuff would make great prayer letters. :) Seriously, it's great to be in touch with you again. God bless. -Julie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...