Tuesday, December 26, 2017

Favorite Reads from 2017

I read a bunch of books this year. Some of the books I read were rereads. Some were books that were new to me. Here are my favorites from this year.

The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie by Alan Bradley
Some friends recommended this book to me, and I fell in love with Flavia (the protagonist) and her penchant for exploring death.

How to Talk So Kids Can Learn - At Home and In School by Adele Faber (et al)
If you work with kids - or have kids - this book can be really helpful in working through how to communicate well with them.

The Goose Girl by Shannon Hale
I loved this retelling of the classic Grimm's fairy tale.

The Card Catalog by Carla Hayden
I really enjoyed learning more about the card catalog and how the technology has changed over time.

Hidden Figures by Margot Shetterly
The phenomenal true story of the black female mathematicians at NASA whose calculations helped fuel some of America’s greatest achievements in space. This was definitely one of my favorite reads!


Any books you read in 2017 that you recommend? I'd love to hear your recommendations.

-----
You have just finished reading Favorite Reads from 2017.
Connect with me on Twitter and Pinterest.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...