Tuesday, July 11, 2017

Jesus, Priceless Treasure

Jesus, priceless treasure, source of purest pleasure,
Friend and brother true:
Oh, how long in anguish shall my spirit languish,
Yearning, Lord, for You?
Oh, Yours I am O Spotless Lamb, to follow Your command!
I will never leave You, seek no love beside You,
Jesus, priceless treasure of my heart.

Chorus:
Oh Jesus, my treasure, take my heart and make it Yours.
Oh Jesus, my precious Lord, I love You.

In Your arms I’m resting, all my foes are fleeing-
None can touch me here.
Though the earth be shaking, every heart be quaking,
Jesus calms my fear.
When lightnings flash and thunders crash I’m safely in Your grasp.
Though my sin assails me Jesus will not fail me,
Jesus, priceless treasure of my heart.

Banish fear and sadness for the Lord of gladness,
Jesus, enters in.
Those who love the Father, though the storms may gather,
Still have peace within.
When grief and pain pour down like rain Your loving arms remain.
Count this world as nothing since the one I’m gaining
Is Jesus, priceless treasure of my heart.

Jesus, Priceless Treasure by Johann Franck (1618-1677) [tr. Catherine Winkworth] & David L. Ward


You have just finished reading Jesus, Priceless Treasure.
Connect with me on Twitter and Pinterest.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...