Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Free in Christ

"For freedom Christ has set us free; stand firm therefore, and do not submit again to a yoke of slavery." (Galatians 5:1, ESV)

Free from the law. Free from trying to earn God's favor. Free from chasing an impossible standard. Free from the guilt of failure.

I know no good thing is in me. And yet I can still boldly approach the throne of God, for by His grace I am free. I am free -- not to follow after my own selfish pursuits -- but I am free to live a life that pleases God. It will be imperfect, for I am imperfect, but my God regards me through the lens of Christ's perfection.

I am free to live life abundantly, to experience as close as I can this side of eternity fellowship with God.

"Loved with everlasting love,
Led by grace that love to know;
Gracious Spirit from above,
Thou hast taught me it is so!
Oh, this full and perfect peace!
Oh, this transport all divine!
In a love which cannot cease,
I am His, and He is mine."
- I Am His, and He Is Mine

You have just finished reading Free in Christ.
Connect with me on Twitter and Pinterest.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...