Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Not in Vain

"Though the fig tree should not blossom, nor fruit be on the vines, the produce of the olive fail and the fields yield no food, the flock be cut off from the fold and there be no herd in the stalls, yet I will rejoice in the Lord; I will take joy in the God of my salvation. God, the Lord, is my strength; he makes my feet like the deer’s; he makes me tread on my high places." (Habakkuk 3:17-19, ESV)

Sometimes all our work seems in vain. The trees have been planted. The crops have been sown. The work has been done. The long hours have been put in. And yet, nothing. No fruit. No results. Not even the faintest sign of a green leaf. Was it all in vain? Was the work worth it?

Take hope. The story is not yet finished. God is still at work. Be faithful in your service. Keep on plodding. Put one foot in front of the other. Keep planting God's word in your life and in the lives of others. It will not return empty. God is the source of our strength. Rejoice in Him. His name will be glorified.

-----
You have just finished reading Not in Vain.
Connect with me on Twitter and Pinterest.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...