Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Hope Fixed on God

Out of the depths I cry to you, O Lord! O Lord, hear my voice! Let your ears be attentive to the voice of my pleas for mercy! If you, O Lord, should mark iniquities, O Lord, who could stand? But with you there is forgiveness, that you may be feared. I wait for the Lord, my soul waits, and in his word I hope; my soul waits for the Lord more than watchmen for the morning, more than watchmen for the morning. O Israel, hope in the Lord! For with the Lord there is steadfast love, and with him is plentiful redemption. And he will redeem Israel from all his iniquities. (Psalm 130, ESV)

When in despair, when in the deepest depths, cry. Cry unto the Lord, for He shall hear you. He is the only one who can help you. For if He would not forgive us of our sins, we would not be able to stand.
Many times God calls us to simply wait upon Him. Wait for His timing, His answer, and hope upon His word. He will fulfill His promises at the appointed time. Look unto Jesus, the Author and Finisher of your faith.

-----
You have just finished reading Hope Fixed On God.
Connect with me on Twitter and Pinterest.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...