This past year I had two reading and writing goals.
- Writing: the 500 Words a Day Challenge
2013 was my second year participating in this challenge. I had enjoyed it in 2012 and was looking forward to trying it again in 2013.
- Reading: read a total of 52 books
How did I do?
- Writing: I fell just short of my goal for the 500 Words a Day Challenge (about 3500 words short for the entire year). Most of this writing was for the classes I teach and for translation freelance projects. However, I'm still pleased with how much I wrote.
- Reading: I nailed my reading goal and went far beyond it. I read a total of 84 books in 2013 (that number surprised even me).
Some of my favorite reads of this year included a re-reading of all the Betsy, Tacy, and Tib books by Maud Hart Lovelace and a new-to-me mystery, Maisie Dobbs by Jacqueline Winspear.
What's up for this year?
- Writing: I'm planning on continuing the 500 Words a Day Challenge. It worked well for me last year, and I'm looking forward to seeing what happens with this goal this year.
- Reading: My plan is to read a total of 75 books this year. This number is higher than what I set for last year. However, since I actually read more than 75 books in 2013, I think reading this much in 2014 should be attainable.
How about you? Any reading or writing goals for 2014?
You have just finished reading Reading and Writing Goals 2014.
Connect with me on Twitter and Pinterest.