Monday, March 05, 2012

Lord, Ignite Your Fire

Lord, ignite Your fire in my heart.
May it burn brightly, Lord for You.
What I am and what I have, may all be Yours.
Securely hold me in Your hands.

Fountain of life and fountain of joy,
You bring light to the darkness of my soul.
You hear my prayers, You help in every need,
Jesus, my Savior, my Lord, and my God.

When Satan threatens You want to protect me,
You are the Savior, Lord, from sin and death.
In the darkness of the world, shine like a star.
Lord, abide with me, please be never far.

God's eternal light will soon shine for us.
Rejoice, my soul, and despair not.
Let laments cease, at the sound of song,
Joyful faith: our Lord comes soon!

by Berta Schmidt-Eller
translated from the German by Laura Glassel

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...