Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Equal Standing - Women in Luke - Part 1

I recently had a friend ask me what the Bible teaches about women, their standing before God, and their standing in society.

As a result, I challenged my friend to read through the book of Luke and to study Christ's interactions with women.


I also decided to do the same study myself.  And, I thought some of you might be interested in what I've studied.  I'll be sharing about one women each week.


Elizabeth (Luke 1)

- from the daughters of Aaron
- married to Zechariah, a priest of the division of Abijah
- they were both righteous before God, walking blamelessly in all the commandments and statues of the Lord
- barren: note that Luke points out that Elizabeth's barrenness was not connected to ungodliness
- she saw God's gift of John as God taking away her reproach among people

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...