Friday, April 15, 2011

What I'm Reading This Week - April 15th


Here are some articles I came across this week.  I hope you find at least some of them interesting.  

People Think I Like Books | Discerning Reader

If you like to read, or if you think you like to read, I think you'll enjoy this honest viewpoint of a fellow bibliophile.  

The Resolutions Poster [via Challies.com]

I first came across Jonathan Edwards' resolutions while I was in college.  Here's a poster that lists them all.  I seriously want to get one for my office!

Why We Need Jane Austen or How to be a Gentleman with Examples of Good and Bad | Front Porch Republic [via Challies.com]

Most of you know that I'm a confirmed Jane Austenite.  However, Mark's article speaks to all of us, not just those of us who have read Austen's books countless times.  

Why We Lack Understanding | My Utmost for His Highest

This quote stood out to me: "So many people . . . have seen a vision and they testify to it, but there is no connection between what they say and how they live."  

Let's talk: Have you read anything interesting this week?  If so, I'd love to hear about it.



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...