Monday, November 22, 2010

30-Day Giving - Some More Ideas

I want to highlight two giving ideas.  
1.  I really enjoy seeing the Salvation Army buckets and the bell-ringers out and about.  And in my opinion, the bell-ringers are some of the most cheerful people I have ever come across.  Here in Minnesota, the temperatures are in the 20s and 30s and yet they still cheerfully greet and welcome shoppers.  I'd like to give them a double thumbs up!
2.  I was excited to stumble across the opportunity to send holiday cards to service members through the Red Cross.  I'm excited about how easy it is to get involved.  This would also be a great idea for a Sunday school class or school class to follow through with.  What a great way to thank the men and women in our military for the service they render us.  
I hope you are able to catch some of the spirit of giving and are able to get involved.  Have you come across any great ideas you'd like to share?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...