Friday, December 22, 2006

Finding Balance

Do you ever stop and look around the world and wonder, what am I supposed to do? The news reports on devastating events around the world. But it's not just in countries an airplane ride away, it's also in our own back yards. Do you ever feel like our world could be summed up with the last words of the book of Judges: "Every man did that which was right in his own eyes"? I do. And I've often wondered, can I do anything? And repeatedly, I come back to the words in Micah 6:8, "He [God] has shown you, o man, what is good; and what does the Lord require of you, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God?" That verse is something I can grasp onto. It is tangible. It is simple. I'm not saying it is easy to live out - it is far from that - but it is simple to understand. Do justice. Love mercy. Walk humbly with God. A three-fold balance that enables us to stay on track in a world spinning out of control.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...