Tuesday, January 31, 2023

Substack and Supporting Writers


I’ve recently shifted my monthly newsletter to a new service: substack. One of the benefits of using substack is that it allows my readers to support my work financially. Writing takes time and energy, and while I will always do some writing, being able to devote more time to writing is one of my goals.

My blog and the contents of my monthly newsletter will continue to remain free to all. I’m committed to that. I’m also committed to a similar blog posting schedule as I’ve had up until now. What I’ve been producing will continue to remain available for free. I’m not putting any of that behind a paywall.

At this point, I’m not sure yet what perks I am going to offer to my paid subscribers, but I’m anticipating it might include things like subscriber-specific giveaways, handwritten notes from me, and early access to parts of my upcoming books. If you have an idea of something you would like to receive, I’d love to hear it. No guarantees, but I would be interested in your ideas.

You can find out more about my substack newsletter here.

Many, if not most, of you probably aren’t ready or in a position to financially support my writing, and that’s totally ok! Just the fact that you are reading my blog posts is greatly appreciated.

If you want some more ideas about how to support writers without spending any money, I found two lists of ideas:
How To Support Authors Without Spending Any Money by Erin Dorney
31 Ways to Support Authors in a Month by Shayla Raquel

-----
I’ve written a book! You can order it here.
Connect with me on Instagram and Pinterest.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...