Tuesday, April 16, 2024

Jesus, Still Lead On

Jesus, still lead on
till our rest be won.
And, although the way be cheerless,
we will follow, calm and fearless;
guide us by Your hand
to our Fatherland.

If the way be drear,
if the foe be near,
let not faithless fears o'ertake us,
let not faith and hope forsake us;
for, thro' many a woe,
to our home we go.

When we seek relief
from a long-felt grief–
when oppressed by new temptations,
Lord, increase and perfect patience.
Show us that bright shore
where we weep no more.

Jesus, still lead on
till our rest be won;
Heav'nly Leader, still direct us,
still support, console, protect us,
till we safely stand
in our Fatherland.

- by Nicolaus Ludwig, Graf von Zinzendorf; translated by Jane Borthwick

-----
I’ve written a book on the Letter of 1 John! Join my launch team!

Looking for some encouragement in your walk with Jesus? I’ve written a devotional book designed to remind you of God’s abundant grace.

Connect with me on Instagram, Substack, and Pinterest.
My reading recommendations. My merch store. My Etsy store.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...