Tuesday, April 04, 2023

I Sing to Thee with Voice and Heart


I sing to Thee with voice and heart,
Of all my joys the well;
I sing, that, what I know Thou art
My lips to all may tell:
That Thou a fountain art of grace,
With blessings richly stored
For all, in ev'ry time and place,
This well I know, O Lord.

Cheer up, faint heart, rejoice and sing,
All anxious fear resign;
For God, the sov'reign Lord and King,
Is Thy God, even thine:
He is thy portion, He thy joy,
Thy life, and light, and Lord;
Thy counselor when doubts annoy,
Thy shield and great reward.

In restless thoughts or dark despair
Why spend the day and night?
On Him who loves thee cast thy care;
He makes our burdens light:
Did not His love, and truth, and pow'r
Watch o'er thy childhood's day?
Hath He not oft, in threat'ning hour,
Turned dreaded ills away?

His wisdom never plans in vain,
Ne'er falters, or mistakes;
All that His counsels wise ordain
A happy ending makes:
Upon thy mouth, then, lay thy hand,
And trust His guiding eye;
Thus, firm as rock, thy feet shall stand,
Now and eternally.

- by Paul Gerhardt; translated by Frances Elizabeth Cox

-----
Looking for some encouragement in your walk with Jesus? I’ve written a devotional book designed to remind you of God’s abundant grace.

Connect with me on Instagram and Pinterest.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...