Tuesday, July 27, 2021

How Sweet the Name of Jesus Sounds

How sweet the name of Jesus sounds in a believer's ear!
It soothes our sorrows, heals our wounds, and drives away our fear.

It makes the wounded spirit whole and calms the troubled breast;
’Tis manna to the hungry soul, and to the weary, rest.

O Jesus, shepherd, guardian, friend, my Prophet, Priest, and King,
My Lord, my Life, my Way, my End, accept the praise I bring.

How weak the effort of my heart, how cold my warmest thought;
But when I see you as you are, I'll praise you as I ought.

Till then I would your love proclaim with every fleeting breath;
And may the music of your name refresh my soul in death.

- How Sweet the Name of Jesus Sounds by John Newton

-----
You have just finished reading How Sweet the Name of Jesus Sounds.
Connect with me on Twitter and Pinterest.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...