Tuesday, February 11, 2020

In the Arena by Isobel Kuhn

I recently finished reading In the Arena by Isobel Kuhn.
Here are some quotes that stood out to me.

"The purpose of the Arena experience is not for our punishment; it is that God might be revealed."
(Kindle edition, location 37)

"I had no Christian young friends whatever (God gave me a stern but enriching lesson that year in His ability to meet loneliness)."
(Kindle edition, location 100)

"Marjorie took the blow like the fine little soldier she was. For years she had lived, worked, aimed, and thought of China as her lifework. This was a shattering blow. But alone in her bedroom, after the news had been broken to her, she knelt down and made a further renunciation to Him whom she loved and served."
(Kindle edition, location 108)


You have just finished reading In the Arena by Isobel Kuhn.
Connect with me on Twitter and Pinterest.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...